Mac OS Network Settings
Follow these instructions to make sure your computer is set to automatically obtain an IP address from the network. If you are using these instructions to troubleshoot your connection, you should open your web browser and attempt to visit a website once you have saved the changes.
- Go to Apple > System Preferences and click “Network” at the top.
- Check that the correct network adapter is selected (Most likely “Built-in Ethernet”) and click TCP/IP
- Select the “Configure IPv4” drop-down menu and make sure that “Using DHCP” is selected.
- If it was not, select it and click “Apply Now”
- Open a web browser to check your connection.