Windows 8/10 Network Settings
Follow these instructions to make sure that your computer is set to automatically obtain an IP address from the network. If you are using these instructions to troubleshoot your connection, you should open your web browser and attempt to visit a website once you have saved the changes.
- Windows 8/10: Go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Change Adapter Settings > Check that your Local Area Connection is enabled. If not, right click on your connection and enable it.
- Right click on your Local Area Connection and select Properties
- Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties
- Check that both Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are selected
- Press OK to save settings and exit TCP/IP Properties window.
- Click OK to close Local Area Connection Properties window. Open a web browser to check your connection.