IPTV – XFinity on Campus (XOC)
- XOC is an IPTV streaming service offered by Comcast for colleges and universities as their on-campus TV service solution.
- On-campus residents have free access to stream live TV, HBO/MAX, and thousands of XFINITY On Demand™ shows and movies directly to their laptops, desktops, and mobile devices all while connected to the campus network.
- Watch your favorite shows, movies, and sporting events at anytime, anywhere on campus.
- Watch shows using your school credentials to login to over 90 TV Everywhere apps when off-campus.
- Additional XOC services (Showtime, STARZ, as well as the Sports Entertainment Package) can be purchased directly from Comcast once your WWU account is activated.
On a Television Set
- If your TV and your computer has HDMI ports, you can connect your TV to your computer using an HDMI cable.
On Desktop & Laptop Computers
- Go to Xfinity On Campus
- Type “Western” into the “Search for your school” input
- Login using your WWU Universal ID & Password
- Click the “Watch Now” or “Start Watching” button
For full access, you must connect to WWU internet. Some services may not work off-campus – see Streaming Location below.
On Smartphones & Tablets
- Download the Xfinity Stream app via the App Store or Google Play.
- When logging in, find the “Xfinity On Campus Students Sign in Here” link.
Streaming Location-Dependent Features
- For full access, you must be connected to the campus network – either wired Ethernet or WiFi. Some features may not be accessible off campus, including streaming live TV. See the detailed list below.
- Stream on one device at a time
- Register up to 40 devices
|Functionality||WWU Internet||Non-WWU Internet|
|Watch & Stream Live TV||Yes||No|
|Watch On Demand Shows & Movies||Yes||Yes|
|Watch Completed DVR Recordings||Yes||No|
|Watch In-Progress DVR Recordings||Yes||No|
|Schedule DVR Recordings||Yes||Yes|
|Watch Downloaded DVR Recordings||Yes||Yes|
|Watch TV GO Channels||Yes||Yes|
|Watch TV Everywhere Content (Network Apps)||Yes||Yes|