Wired (Ethernet) connection: Instructions for setting up a wired connection
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Instructions:
- From the list of available Wi-Fi networks, select WWUResTek-secure.
- When you first attempt to connect to the network you will see this dialog. Select Continue.
- To install the Certificate you will need to enter the password to your computer account (or an administrator of the machine) This is not your WWU account. It is the username and password to your computer.
- You will be prompted a second time for a username and password after the certificate successfuly installs. This is the authentication for the wireless network. You will need to use your Universal ID and password for WWU.
- You are now connected to the WWUResTek-secure network.
Mac Network Settings
Follow these troubleshooting steps to make sure your computer is set to automatically obtain an IP address from the network. If you are using these instructions to troubleshoot your connection, you should open your web browser and attempt to visit a website once you have saved the changes.
- Go to Apple > System Preferences and click “Network” at the top.
- Check that the correct network adapter is selected (Most likely “Built-in Ethernet”) and click TCP/IP
- Select the “Configure IPv4″ drop-down menu and make sure that “Using DHCP” is selected.
- If it was not, select it and click “Apply Now”
- Open a web browser to check your connection.
Mac Password Reset
When you use the WWUResTek-secure network, it stores your Universal ID and password to allow quicker access to the internet. After you change your Universal password you need to change the saved password on your computer.
- Open System Preferences
- Click on Network
- Click on AirPort (on the left)
- Click Advanced…
- Click the tab 802.1X
- Under User Profiles, select the WWUResTek secure one (or the one to that effect).
- Change your password in the Password: field.
- Click OK and then Apply.