Connecting your Blackberry to the Residential Wireless Network
Note: If you are unable to connect, try these steps a second time. If the problem still persists, you can submit an Ask ResTek ticket.
- Disable 3G on the phone and enable WiFi.
- Connect to WWUResTek-help.
- Download ResTek’s certificate file from http://restek.wwu.edu/files/ca.crt on your phone.
- Go to Manage Connections.
- Scroll down to Set Up Wi-Fi Network.
- Click Next.
- Click on Scan for Networks.
- Scroll down to WWUResTek-secure and click on it.
- Make sure Security Type is PEAP.
- Use your universal login for user name and password.
- Under CA certificate, select the WWUrestek-secure 802.1X RootCA certficate. It will be located at the bottom of the list and have a yellow question mark (not a green check or red ‘x’).
- Scroll down and click Connect.
- If it displays Connection Successful, press Next, then Finish. You’re phone may say “Failed to connect” and ask if you want to save anyway. Say yes.
- Wait a couple minutes and see if the WiFi logo says you are connected.