We continue to receive mixed reports: some residents say their service has greatly improved, others are still experiencing an inability to connect to and/or stay connected to the WWWResTek-secure Wi-Fi network, and some find that their connection speed has slowed considerably.
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact us by submitting an askResTek ticket here on our website. Please read on for specific info that you can provide us that will help us troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing.
Frist, we continue to recommend that you:
- Select and forget the WWUResTek-secure network
- Restart your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone
- Attempt to reconnect to WWUResTek-secure
If you are submitting an askResTek ticket, in the Description box please provide the following information in as much detail as possible:
- When you are in buildings other than the residence halls, are you able to connect to the non-ResTek “WWUwireless-secure” network?
- What is the make and model of the device you are using?
- What is the operating system? (e.g. Windows 10, Mac OSX, iOS, Android, etc.)
- What is the MAC address of your device?
- The simplest way to locate the MAC address for most devices is to google “How to find MAC address in [Windows 10, Mac OSX, iOS, Android, etc.]
- What exact steps did you take to connect to WWUResTek-secure?
- What, if any, error messages did you see?
- What is a specific day and time when you were unable to connect to WWUResTek-secure?
- If you can’t recall, please consider trying to connect again before you submit the askResTek ticket, make note of the specific day and time when you attempted to connect but failed, and include that info in your ticket in answer to this last question.
We once again apologize for the inconvenience, and we assure you that we are still working hard on solving any remaining problems.