Web Application Developer
As a ResTek Web Application Developer you will be responsible for developing and maintaining web-based software for University Residences students and staff. You will learn new technologies and advance your skills as a part of your job responsibilities.
Are You Qualified?
- You are self-motivated and passionate about technology
- You have built a web application using HTML, CSS, and a programming language
- You are able to independently solve problems
- You intend to enroll at least through the end of Spring 2018
- We work collaboratively in small teams
- We use Open Source tools
- We typically use a UNIX-based working environment
- We work closely with our users
- We use peer-to-peer training to teach staff the tools and languages used in our applications
The Fine Print
Hourly wage is $11.00 per hour, and paid training starts immediately upon hire. Must be available to work 15–19 hours per week during the academic year and preference may be given to candidates who are available to work at least 20 hours per week during the summer. (Enrollment in summer classes is not required.) Must be enrolled at least through Spring 2018. You must maintain a 2.00 cumulative GPA minimum and be taking at least 10 credits (8 for graduate students) during employment. Preference given to applicants who live or have lived on campus. On-campus housing is available at a discounted rate during summer.
Deadline: 8:00am, Monday, May 1, 2017
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Western Washington University does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity & Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, WWU, Old Main 345, MS 9021, 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360-650-3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Deborah Frost at email@example.com, or call 360-650-7474.