Lab Image Specialist
ResTek maintains eight (12) computer labs in the WWU residence halls in order to provide academic and co-curricular access to technology for students living on campus. Our goal is to maintain a user experience consistent with that of the labs in academic buildings on campus, providing software, printing and connection to the internet.
The Lab Image Specialist is directly responsible for maintaining the functionality of the computers in the labs. The Specialist works in collaboration with ATUS, Technical Services, and Copier Support Services staff to configure the lab computers to work within the WWU environment. The Lab Image Specialist also maintains the images on the computers used by staff in the ResTek office and specialized images used for staff training. The Lab Image Specialist works cooperatively with the ResTek Lab Coordinator and the Assistant Director for IT for University Residences.
Are You Qualified?
- You are highly motivated and able to work under limited supervision
- You have the ability to communicate professionally, clearly, and thoroughly via phone, computer, and in-person
- You can work both independently and as a team both efficiently and courteously
- You have good problem-solving skills
- You have an excellent eye for detail
- You are able to see a project through to completion
- You have experience installing and configuring Windows operation system and software
- You have experience configuring registry, security and permission settings in Windows
- You have experience imaging Windows computers
- You have experience troubleshooting PC hardware and software issues
- We encourage peer-to-peer learning and communication
- We work independently as well as in a small group, under limited supervision
- We are responsible for imaging and maintaining the computers in the residential labs throughout the year
- We work with colleagues across campus to learn new strategies to image and maintain lab computers
- We maintain an accurate change log and documentation of procedures
- We coordinate assessment of the lab program
- We participate in weekly staff meetings and training
- We are looking to move away from Symantec Ghost towards Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
The Fine Print
The Lab Image Specialist position starts paid training Fall 2016, and must be 15-19 hours per week during academic sessions. Staffing levels are regularly assessed. Based on the need throughout the year there is a possibility of work during the quarter breaks and summer. When classes are not in session as many as 40 hours per week may be available. Hourly wage is $9.93 per hour. All ResTek staff must maintain a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA during employment and also ten (10) credits per quarter for undergraduate students, eight (8) for graduate students.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Western Washington University does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity & Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, WWU, Old Main 345, MS 9021, 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360-650-3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Deborah Frost at email@example.com, or call (360) 650-7474.