ResTek maintains 12 computer labs and 5 entertainment centers in the WWU residence halls in order to provide academic and co-curricular access to technology for students living on campus. Our goal is to maintain a user experience consistent with that of the labs in academic buildings on campus, providing software, printing and connection to the internet.
The ResTek Lab Coordinator is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and supporting the computer labs, including working together with the ResTek Lab Image Specialist and Academic Technology & User Services staff on issues related to hardware repair and printing. The coordinator assures that the physical environment of the labs and entertainment centers are conducive to productive use and that communication with colleagues is clear.
Are You Qualified?
- You are highly motivated and able to work under limited supervision
- You have the ability to communicate professionally, clearly, and thoroughly via phone, computer, and in-person
- You can work both independently and as a team both efficiently and courteously
- You have good problem-solving skills
- You have an excellent eye for detail
- You are able to see a project through to completion
- You are aware of the importance of cleanliness and organization
- You have experience troubleshooting basic PC hardware issues or configuring Windows machines
- You have a general awareness of the basic needs of residential students with regard to software and hardware
- You live in a campus residence hall for the first year of employment in the position (preferred)
- We encourage peer-to-peer learning and communication
- We work independently as well as in a small group, under limited supervision
- We coordinate assessment of the lab program
- We participate in weekly staff meetings and training
- We coordinate the replacement of equipment (i.e. keyboards, mice, staplers, etc.)
- We coordinate and anticipate the need for informational items for lab users (i.e. posters and signs)
- We maintain an accurate inventory database of all ResTek equipment
The Fine Print
The Lab Coordinator position starts paid training Fall 2016. The Lab Coordinator must be able to work 15-19 hours per week during academic quarters. The coordinator must have a valid drivers license and ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Staffing levels are regularly assessed. Based on the need throughout the year, there is a possibility of work during the quarter breaks and summer. When classes are not in session, as many as 40 hours per week may be available. Hourly wage is $9.65 per hour. All ResTek staff must maintain a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA during employment and also ten (10) credits per quarter for undergraduate students, eight (8) for graduate students.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Western Washington University does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity & Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, WWU, Old Main 345, MS 9021, 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360-650-3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Deborah Frost at email@example.com, or call (360) 650-7474.